Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Born To Fly"

I've been tellin' my dreams to the scarecrow
'Bout the places that I'd like to see
I said, friend do you think I'll ever get there
Ah, but he just stands there smilin' back at me

So I confessed my sins to the preacher
He says...you've got nothin' but time...
But how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time


Thank you, Sara Evans!  Well, I had intended to give myself a birthday gift of skydiving for the first time.  A "sorry" goes out to Mom for when she asked me what I was going to do, and I replied "my plans were still up in the air".  You gotta admit, that is pretty funny, though?

I went to a lot of trouble to make this happen.  I asked "Karim" many things via numerous emails.  You would think the topic of max. weight for a safety tandem canopy might come up.  For you wiseacres out there, I was ok, albeit barely, for an individual, but, oh, about 50 lbs to heavy for the tandem equipment.  I was very proud of myself; no one got hurt.  Karim was very fortunate not to be on the premises.  I should've known I was in trouble when I walk up to a young woman at a desk, whose English was about as good as my French, and explain I'm there to do a tandem jump, and she laughs and says "that's impossible".  I figure, what does she know?  She gets one of the main guys, whose English is quite good, and he explains my dilemna.  Not surprisingly, he didn't even entertain the notion of hauling my carcass up with him.

I did get to see some nice places.  I drove by myself halfway across the country without a clue other than with what (little) I could gather online, and managed not to get lost.

Here is the first of 2 pics I took today.  The first is of my medical certificate:


Yes, I fibbed a couple of times.  The second photo is a little more interesting:


You can't figure it out?  It's my first international speeding ticket.  Yup.  Speed trap.  Good thing that 300 is dirhams, not dollars.  At least I didn't get a ticket when I got stopped on my way back!  Thanfully, Moroccans do the flash-the-headlights thing like in the States.  I'm very certain that saved me 2 more citations...

My daddy, he's grounded like the oak tree
My momma, she is steady as the sun
Oh you know I love my folks
But I keep starin' down the road
Just lookin' for my one chance to run

Yeah, 'cause I will soar away like the blackbird
I will blow in the wind like a sea
I will plant my heart in the garden of my dreams
And I will grow up where I'll wander wild and free


Oh, how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know...

You were born to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment